Here are some ways you can get involved...
- Help us build the network by coming to one of our kitchen table conversations or by holding one yourself: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for our newsletter so that we can keep you informed about future events.(register here)
- Connect with us on Facebook
- Connect with us on Instagram @voicesofnorthsydney
- If you are unable to join us for a Kitchen Table Conversation you can you can submit your comments and concerns via an online form (link) or by email email@example.com
KITCHEN TABLE CONVERSATIONS
Kitchen Table Conversations are simple and powerful – helping people discuss what really matters in a comfortable environment. Hosts (who are self-selecting) invite small groups to have conversations based on focused themes. Participants might be friends, neighbours, family, workmates or people known from community networks. The conversations are usually shaped around starter questions.
Everyone is welcome to participate. But the key to this happening is a number of people stepping forward and agreeing to host a ‘kitchen table conversation’. These people then bring together small groups of up to 9 others, but can be fewer. These might be friends, neighbours, family, workmates, or people they know from community networks. They meet around the kitchen table, their workplace, or wherever is easiest for them. The only proviso is the place needs to be quiet enough for everyone to be heard easily.
The hosts facilitate a conversation for a couple of hours focused on the three themes included in this pack. Participants’ ideas and thoughts will be collated by the hosts and forwarded to the Voices of Warringah team for processing and integrating with all the other conversations throughout the electorate.
The Steps to Hosting a Kitchen Table Conversation
- Set a meeting date
- Invite up to nine friends/family/colleagues/neighbours/community members to your home or other suitable venue.
- Collect contact details for the group
- Facilitate the discussion
- Ensure there is a summary of the opinions and ideas of your group and that it is forwarded to the Voices of North Sydney committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a positive ripple – suggest that participants talk about their discussions and the ideas that emerged with other people at work or home or in their community.
I’d like to host a Kitchen Table Meeting
Email us and we will send you all you need. A starter pack, list of topics, forms to fill in for each of your guests and we can even offer a facilitator to come along if you like.